Where is the urea plant, why is it stinking, how to get rid of the stench, writer of this article will take you to find out,
The flue gas pollutant treatment system of coal-fired power plants mainly has dust removal and desulfurization and denitration system, the denitration process is mainly SCR (selective catalytic reduction) and SNCR (non-selective catalytic reduction), the reducing agents of these two methods are generally urea and liquid ammonia. Since liquid ammonia is highly dangerous in use, the practical application is urea.
Before being used as denitration agent, urea will produce odor when dissolved and heated, and it will diffuse throughout the workshop, which will not only make the air quality in the factory worse, but also affect the health of the workshop staff.
For example, a large coal-fired power generation enterprise with 350MW unit in Hainan, the denitration process of the flue gas treatment system is denitrification by selective catalytic reduction (SCR). Urea is used as a reducing agent in the plant, and it undergoes processes such as dissolution and heating before urea is used as a denitrating agent. Therefore, when the urea is dispensed, more or less gas such as ammonia gas escapes, resulting in a smell in the workshop for a short time. In addition, there will be local odors during maintenance work.
In order to solve this stench problem, POLYMER engineers were invited to the site to investigate and analyze the actual situation of the odor, combined with the odor concentration of the workshop in different periods, using the plant-type odor control agent POLYTE® Sorb 909S, with hand-pushing atomized air gun equipment for intermittent deodorization. After use, the urea plant of the plant has no sensory odor during dispensing and overhaul.
Advantages of POLYTE®Sorb 909S,
- Natural plant extract (unmasked), capable of completely converting odorous components such as hydrogen sulfide and ammonia into harmless and odorless substances.
- POLYTE®Sorb 909S enhances the ability of plant fluids to absorb gases by increasing the solubility of gases in plant fluids.
- Supporting special equipment, can produce the best gas-liquid ratio, and maximize the economy while ensuring the deodorization effect.
- Compare with other odor control technology, POLYTE®Sorb 909S has the advantage of less one-time investment, rapid effect, almost not need to make changes to the site of the original equipment, easy to operate.
- No irritating odor, non-flammable, easy to biodegrade, and will not cause secondary pollution to the environment.
Coal-fired power plants are spread all over the country, and SCR and SNCR are the main technologies for denitrification, mainly using urea denitrification. Therefore, the odor management of the urea workshop is imminent.
Nowadays, government departments at all levels and enterprises have paid great attention to the management of odor. It is believed that the old odor emission standard will be updated in the near future. At that time, the odor management of all industries will experience a period of pain. It is better for us to act early. Polymer will be willing to work with you to eliminate the odor and breathe the fresh air of nature.